What is the RBT-3000?
The RBT-3000 is a combination safety and energy saving device for installation on hot water heating boilers.
How Does It Work?
- When there is a call for heat, the circulating pump turns on.
- If the temperature of the water is below the low setpoint, the burner will turn on.
- When the water temperature reaches the high setpoint, the burner will turn off.
- This cycle will continue until the thermostat is satisfied.
With the RBT-3000:
- The control works by monitoring and analyzing the load of the heating system, in real time, and then modifies the burner run time.
- By analyzing water temperature changes, the burner run time is adjusted to match the systems ‘heat load’.
|Compare the difference…
This example shows a 7 minute delay with a 3 minute hold off recovery. The 4 minute difference in time equals a 14% reduction of burner runtime.
|How much of a reduction of fuel usage is expected?
In general, there will be a 10% to 15% reduction of fuel usage in a house with a boiler that has a single circulating pump.
Easy to Install
- The LWCO remote sensor is installed in a tapping designated by the boiler manufacturer or the supply (outflow) pipe of the boiler.
- A temperature sensor is attached to the supply (outflow) pipe of the boiler.
- The control unit is attached to the boiler and wired as shown in the Installation Instructions.
- No existing controls need to be removed or replaced.
Disclaimer: R. L. Deppmann and it’s affiliates can not be held liable for issues caused by use of the information on this page. While the information comes from many years of experience and can be a valuable tool, it may not take into account special circumstances in your system and we therefore can not take responsibility for actions that result from this information. Please feel free to contact us if you do have any questions.