Starts: March 14, 2022, 5:30 pm
Ends: March 14, 2022, 8:00 pm
42 S. Superior St.
Toledo, OH 43604
Hosted by R.L. Deppmann
As electrification and decarbonization initiatives continue to grow throughout North America, there is increased scrutiny on the refrigerants being used in heat pump technology. Heat pump water heaters powered by R744, better known as CO2, provide a way to address ever-evolving energy savings and low-GWP requirements. In this session, presenter Andrew Macaluso from Lync by Watts will share:
- Factors driving adoption of R744 heat pump technology.
- Key differences between R744, R134a, and R410a refrigerants.
- Application and design considerations for single-pass heat pumps.
- Benefits of storing at high temperatures.
- When this technology might be used in place of traditional gas-fired or electric resistance water heating.
Andrew Macaluso is the Product Manager for Systems Solutions at Watts Water Technologies’ Heat and Hot Water Solutions division. Andrew has led the introduction of many cutting-edge technologies, including the newest commercial heat pump water heating technologies. He is an ardent advocate for highly efficient, environmentally friendly technologies and is passionate about applying those technologies where they can have the greatest impact. Andrew holds a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Columbia University, and is an active ASHRAE and ASPE member.