MEET THE R.L. DEPPMANN COMPANY
Our company focuses on helping people make better decisions. We are an employee-owned company that is responsive to our customers and understands how our products work and interact in hydronic and plumbing systems. Our company culture is shaped by our Core Values: Knowledge, Responsiveness & Empowerment. We use these values to provide the best customer experience possible. Join the Deppmann team and experience the difference.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Responsible for the overall function of the general ledger.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for someone that wants to lead, change and grow along with our company. A successful candidate is someone with strong Accounting knowledge and is willing to do the detailed work required. Candidate to have exceptional communication skills that provide the ability to interact with all levels of the organization with a high customer service orientation. Candidate will assist with implementation of new ERP software.
- Prepare & analyze monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the general ledger
- Prepare and file sales and use tax returns
- General ledger account reconciliation and analysis
- Assist with preparation of the annual budget
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Oversight of fixed assets
- Data analysis
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
- Assess current practices & procedures & make recommendations as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent degree &/or experience; CPA a plus; Thorough knowledge of GAAP; Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (vlookup & pivot tables); Financial reporting experience preferred; Strong problem solving and analytical skills; Working knowledge of enterprise resources planning (ERP) systems. Minimum of 2 years experience as a staff accountant.