MEET THE R.L. DEPPMANN COMPANY
Our company focuses on helping people make better decisions. We are an employee-owned company that is responsive to our customers and understands how our products work and interact in hydronic and plumbing systems. Our company culture is shaped by our Core Values: Knowledge, Responsiveness & Empowerment. We use these values to provide the best customer experience possible. Join the Deppmann team and experience the difference.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Responsible for the overall function of the general ledger and financial reporting.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for someone that wants to lead, change and grow along with our company. A successful candidate is someone with strong Accounting knowledge and is willing to do the detailed work required. Candidate to have exceptional communication skills that provide the ability to interact with all levels of the organization with a high customer service orientation. Potential growth opportunities into a leadership role. Candidate will assist with implementation of new ERP software.
- Manage all aspects of the general ledger including analysis, reconciliations, journal entries, and the monthly close process.
- Prepare & analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Work with external accounting firm to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting at year-end.
- Manage multi-state sales and use tax compliance process to meet all deadlines and process payments in a timely manner.
- Responsible for updating sales tax documentation/matrices for current tax rules and regulation changes.
- Assist with preparation and monitoring of the annual budget.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Oversight of all fixed asset activity.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested.
- Monitor and develop internal controls to minimize financial risk and identify areas of opportunity to better safeguard assets.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent degree; CPA a plus; 3+ years of progressive accounting experience with a portion of it being in a supervisory role; Thorough knowledge of GAAP; Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (vlookup & pivot tables); Financial reporting; Strong problem solving and analytical skills; Working knowledge of enterprise resources planning (ERP) systems.