New Construction Sales Manager
Greater Cleveland Area, Ohio
MEET THE R.L. DEPPMANN COMPANY
Our Company focuses on helping people make better decisions. We are a company that is responsive to our customer and understands how our product work and interact in hydronic and plumbing systems. Our company culture is shaped by our Core Values: Knowledge, Empowerment, and Responsiveness. We achieve this through selling hydronic and plumbing equipment in Michigan and Ohio. Our Company is 100% employee owned.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Sales members utilize their technical knowledge of hydronic, steam and plumbing systems and sales experiences to help provide sales & support for the products represented by R.L. Deppmann. The HVAC Manufacturers Representative Salesperson’s primary focus will be mechanical contractors that involves the projects in the quotation, purchasing, installation and start up phases of a project. The Mechanical Contractor salesperson at times will also focus on the design portion of a project.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
Looking for a person with Commercial HVAC industry experience who works with contractors along with fellow team members to provide the best solution for a project. This will involve working together with contractors to teach design concepts, installation practices, and advantages of the different types of equipment have to offer. This person enjoys closing the sale, building relationships, and in person networking throughout the industry. In addition to the sales side of the position, this person is a curious individual who enjoys learning and sharing their knowledge with others. Their knowledge of the HVAC systems will help them solve problems for their customer base.
- Sales Activities:
- Pursuing the Order
- Close the order at the contractor level
- Negotiate pricing
- Coordinate quote
- System Design and Value Engineer
- Collaboration with sales team
- Follow-up on leads from Customer Service & Estimation
- Respond to pricing requests
- Joint sales with customers
- Exceed sales goals for sales territory
- Attend social events: golf outings, trade shows
- Participate in professional organizations: i.e. ASHRAE, ASPE & MCA
- Customer Management:
- Problem solving
- Conduct product and systems training
- Meet with customers in person: relationship building & understanding how their customer operates.
- Installation question support
- Onsite system support
- Visit jobsites
- Internal Activities:
- Acquire product/industry/technical knowledge
- Executing the sales plan and providing insight on industry trends
- Weekly department meetings & quarterly offsite meetings
- Utilize business system to provide regular updates on projects & customers
- Commitment to Ongoing Personal & Professional Training / Development
- Other duties may be assigned
Strong Computer Skills in Microsoft Office, Background in HVAC (Degree Preferred), Ability to Multi-Task, Strong Desire to Learn, Take on responsibility, Great People Skills, Detail Oriented.
Local travel required within Northeast Ohio territory. Minimal travel outside of sales territory.
A valid driver’s license is required.