New Construction Sales Manager
MEET THE R.L. DEPPMANN COMPANY
Our Company focuses on helping people make better decisions. We are a company that is responsive to our customer and understands how our product work and interact in hydronic and plumbing systems. Our company culture is shaped by our Core Values: Knowledge, Empowerment, and Responsiveness. We achieve this through selling hydronic and plumbing equipment in Michigan and Ohio. Our Company is 100% employee owned.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Sales members utilize their technical knowledge of hydronic, steam and plumbing systems and sales experiences to help provide sales & support for the products represented by R.L. Deppmann. The Mechanical Contractor salesperson focuses primarily on the projects in the quotation, purchasing, installation and start up phases of a project. The Mechanical Contractor salesperson at times will also focus on the design portion of a project.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
Looking for someone who enjoys working with contractors and fellow team members to provide the best solution for a project. This will involve working together with contractors to teach design concepts, installation practices, and advantages different types of equipment have to offer. The successful candidate will enjoy learning and teaching. They will seek out opportunities to collaborate and use their technical skills to solve problems.
- Selling – Pursuing the Order:
- Close the order at the contractor level.
- Negotiate pricing
- Coordinate quote
- Manage vendors
- System Design and Value Engineer
- Internal collaboration/coordination
- Follow-up on leads from Customer Service & Estimation
- Respond to pricing requests
- Joint sales with customers
- Exceed sales goals for sales territory
- Customer Management:
- Problem solving
- Conduct training
- Meet with customers: relationship building
- Installation question support
- On site tech support
- Visit jobsites
- Internal Administrative Activities:
- Acquire product/industry/technical knowledge
- Develop and analyze sales plan
- Weekly department meetings
- Attend department offsite meetings
- Utilize CRM to provide regular updates on projects & customers
- Personal development
- Backup Estimation
- Attend social events: golf outings, trade shows
- Participate in professional organizations: i.e. ASHRAE, ASPE & MCA
- Commitment to Ongoing Personal Training / Development
- Other duties may be assigned
Strong Computer Skills in Microsoft Office, Technical background in HVAC (Degree Preferred), Ability to Multi-Task, Strong Desire to Learn, Take on responsibility, Great People Skills, Detail Oriented.
Local travel required within Northeast Ohio territory. 10% of travel is outside of sales territory.
A valid driver’s license is required.