Engineering Sales Manager
Grand Rapids, MI
MEET THE R.L. DEPPMANN COMPANY
Our Company focuses on helping people make better decisions. We are a company that is responsive to our customer and understands how our products work and interact in hydronic and plumbing systems. Our company culture is shaped by our Core Values: Knowledge, Empowerment, and Responsiveness. We achieve this through selling hydronic and plumbing equipment in Michigan and Ohio. Our Company is 100% employee owned.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Sales members utilize their technical knowledge of hydronic, steam and plumbing systems and sales experiences to help provide sales & support for the products represented by R.L. Deppmann. The End User Outside Salesperson focuses on the projects during the development and design phases, being a resource to our on-site engineers/facility directors in developing system designs and equipment selections. Outside of the project related work, this position will assist building owners with any replacement or upgrade of their systems.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for someone that enjoys collaborating with on-site engineers, facility directors, and fellow team members to provide the best solution for any given project. The successful candidate enjoys teaching as well as learning. She/He will seek out opportunities to collaborate and loves to solve problems using her/his technical skills.
- Close the order at the end user level
- Negotiate pricing
- Coordinate quote
- Manage vendors
- Systems design
- Internal collaboration/coordination
- Follow-up on leads from Customer Service & Estimation
- Respond to pricing requests
- Joint sales calls with other team members and their customers
- Exceed sales goals for sales territory
- Customer Management
- Problem solving
- Conduct training
- Meet with customers: relationship building
- On-site technical support
- Visit jobsites
- Internal Administrative Activities
- Acquire product/industry/technical knowledge
- Develop and analyze sales plan
- Weekly department meeting
- Attend department offsite meeting
- Utilize CRM to provide regular updates on projects & customers
- Personal development
- Backup Customer Service
- Attend social events: golf outings, trade shows
- Participate in professional organizations: i.e. MSBO, MiAPPA, USGBC, etc.
- Commitment to Ongoing Personal Training / Development
- Other duties may be assigned
Strong Computer Skills in Microsoft Office, Technical background in HVAC (Degree Preferred), Ability to Multi-Task, Strong Desire to Learn, Take on responsibility, Great People Skills, Detail Oriented.
Local travel required within Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Lansing territory, 10% travel outside of sales territory. A valid driver’s license is required.