Vice President of Finance
MEET THE R.L. DEPPMANN COMPANY
Our company focuses on helping people make better decisions. We are an employee-owned company that is responsive to our customers and understands how our products work and interact in hydronic and plumbing systems. Our company culture is shaped by our Core Values: Knowledge, Responsiveness & Empowerment. We use these values to provide the best customer experience possible. Join the Deppmann team and experience the difference.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Responsible for the overall function of the Purchasing department.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for someone that wants to lead, change and grow along with our company. A successful candidate is someone who has led a Purchasing department and that has experience managing people. The right candidate will be one that is willing to do the detailed work required as well as manage the department and will be responsive to the needs of others. The candidate needs to be able to effectively communicate their knowledge and ideas with others.
Our company is a manufacturer representative that has long term contracts with specific suppliers. Negotiations with suppliers involve tactics other than playing one supplier against another due to these supplier contracts. In this environment that often offers limited sourcing options, proactive out of the box thinking, data analysis, and strong leadership are as important as relationship building and negotiation tactics.
- Purchase for direct shipment from manufacturer and stock to ensure all sales are fulfilled within a timely manner from a limited set of suppliers
- Proactively identify and negotiate Purchasing opportunities with current supplier base
- Build and maintain positive, long-term relationships with suppliers
- Responsible for inventory control
- Minimize slow-moving inventory
- Creates a strategic plan for the Purchasing department
- Create and monitor metrics on Purchasing effectiveness
- Active member of the Operations Management Team
- Owner of the Purchasing process
- Owner of the RMA process
- Owner of the item and pricing databases
- Owner of order acknowledgements and follow up
- Work with the Sales department to support the Sales strategy
- Mentor and develop direct reports
Bachelor’s degree preferred; Strong skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Outlook, Excel and Word); Proficient in the use of business systems; Good people interaction skills. Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Purchasing Manager. Purchasing experience within a distribution company is preferred.