Startup & Warranty Manager
ABOUT THE ROLE
Provide boiler, water heater, plumbing, hydronic & steam start-up & warranty services to external customers on products and equipment sold by the sales department. This process is normally completed on customer jobsites throughout our territory.
Ann Arbor, MI
MEET THE R.L. DEPPMANN COMPANY
Our company focuses on helping people make better decisions. We are a company that is responsive to our customers and understanding how our products work and interact in Hydronic Systems. Our company culture is shaped by our Core Values: Knowledge, Responsiveness and Empowerment. We achieve this through selling hydronic and plumbing equipment in Michigan and Ohio. Join the Deppmann team that solves customer problems and empowers employees to make decisions. Our Company is 100% employee owned.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an individual that puts the customer first. A successful candidate will have boiler, hydronic, steam and plumbing knowledge and understand industry specific vocabulary. This person is driven with a passion to exceed customers’ expectations. The right candidate will provide great responsiveness by starting up and troubleshooting equipment for our customers. This person enjoys solving problems using her/his technical & troubleshooting skills.
- Start-up, Service & Troubleshoot Equipment
- Boilers & Water Heaters – Primary
- Accountable for startup & warranty of boilers, burners, and associated equipment to end-users and mechanical contractors.
- Perform factory authorized start-up, service & troubleshoot including watertube & firetube boilers and water heaters.
- Analyze product installation, systems and components to help solve problems & recommend solutions.
- Hydronic, Steam & Plumbing Equipment - Secondary
- Perform factory authorized start-up, service & troubleshoot products we represent: base mounted pumps, boiler feed units, condensate/vacuum unit, adjustable frequency drives, domestic water booster packages, heat transfer packages, sump & sewage pumps, and humidifiers.
- Be able to replace parts: mechanical seals, bearing assembly, motors & couplers.
- Boilers & Water Heaters – Primary
- Documentation / Reporting
- Complete all start-up documents within 48 hours in our business system.
- Provide all internal paperwork: timesheets & expenses report in a timely manner.
- Customer Support
- Provide short technical training for onsite maintenance personnel on the newly installed equipment. (i.e. owner training).
- Provide in depth product training to customers in a classroom setting.
- Provide technical support & be able to troubleshoot system or equipment issues via the phone.
- Be able to identify proper parts required & communicate to other internal departments.
- Must be able to train, mentor & provide leadership for sales staff & other service technicians.
- Work closely with Service Coordinator to provide the best-in-class service to customer.
- Must be able to effectively interact with engineers, contractors, and end users of equipment and internal team members in a professional manner.
- Product Knowledge
- Strong working knowledge of hydronic, plumbing, steam, electrical systems, boiler & water heater controls, and advanced combustion controls.
- Be willing to continuously improve on product & application knowledge of new products, product enhancement & upgrades by self-study, factory seminars & online webinars.
A high school diploma with two years of technical school, community college or trade school. Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the industry. Experience with various burner types & technologies. Proficient in Microsoft Office and able to use Adobe Acrobat.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Must be insurable with no major infractions.
- Job requires travel throughout R.L. Deppmann entire territory: Michigan & Ohio.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends as required.
- Follows all company safety policies & procedures.
- Must comply with OSHA regulations including lock-out / tag-out procedures.
- Mandatory annual drug testing required to access specific job sites.
- Must be able to lift 50 - 75 pounds.
- Truck, tools and technology hardware will be provided.
- Proper boiler licenses and experience with CSD-1 preferred.