Engineering Sales Manager
ABOUT THE ROLE
Sales members utilize their technical knowledge of hydronic, steam and plumbing systems and sales experiences to help provide sales & support for the products represented by R.L. Deppmann. The Engineering Outside Salesperson focuses on the projects during the development and design phases, being a resource to our engineers in developing system designs and equipment selections.
Mid-Michigan & Traverse City Area
MEET THE R.L. DEPPMANN COMPANY
Our Company focuses on helping people make better decisions. We are a company that is responsive to our customer and understands how our product work and interact in hydronic and plumbing systems. Our company culture is shaped by our Core Values: Knowledge, Empowerment, and Responsiveness. We achieve this through selling hydronic and plumbing equipment in Michigan and Ohio. Our Company is 100% employee owned.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
Looking for someone that enjoys collaborating with engineers and fellow team members to provide the best solution for any given project. The successful candidate enjoys teaching as well as learning. She/He will seek out opportunities to collaborate and loves to solve problems using her/his technical skills.
- Selling - Pursuing the Order
- Close the order at the engineer level (specifications and schedules)
- Negotiate Pricing
- Coordinate Quote
- Manage Vendors
- Engineer/Systems Design
- Internal Collaboration/Coordination
- Follow-Up on Leads from Customer Service & Inside Sales
- Respond to Pricing Requests
- Joint Sales with Customers
- Exceed Sales Goals for Sales Territory
- Customer Management
- Problem Solving
- Conduct Training
- Meet with Customers: Relationship Building
- On-Site Tech Support
- Visit Jobsites
- Internal Administrative Activities:
- Acquire Product/Industry/Technical Knowledge
- Develop and Analyze Sales Plan
- Weekly Teleconference Call
- Attend Department Offsite Meeting
- Utilize CRM to Provide Regular Updates on Projects & Customers
- Personal Development
- Backup Estimation
- Attend Social Events: Golf Outings, Trade Shows
- Participate in Professional Organizations (i.e. ASHRAE, ASPE)
- Commitment to Ongoing Personal Training and Development
- Other Duties May Be Assigned
Strong Computer Skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Technical background in HVAC (Degree Preferred), Ability to Multi-Task, Strong Desire to Learn, Take on responsibility, Great People Skills, Detail Oriented.
Local travel required within Mid-Michigan & Traverse City area territory. 10% of travel is outside of sales territory.
A valid driver’s license is required.